Reducing the risk of static electricity with STATSAFE™
Where there is movement of solvents in the form of filling, splashing or stirring, a static charge can be generated. For highly conductive liquids this charge can flow to the earthed vessel and then harmlessly to ground. However, if the conductivity of the liquid is low (50pS/m-2000pS/m), this charge can build and be released as a spark, which could lead to fire or explosion.
STATSAFE™ is a range of static dissipaters which improve production throughput, increase conductivity, reduce electrostatic hazards and protect manufacturing equipment in a variety of applications, including:
- Aluminium foil rolling
- Paints, inks and adhesives (solvent handling)
- Foil stamping
- Pharmaceutical processing
- Anywhere low conductive liquids are in use.
STATSAFE™ offers the following benefits:
For polyolefin manufacture:
- Increased reactor throughput from higher solid concentration in reactor, reduced fouling and increased thermal stability
- Cost savings from higher plant capacity, fewer shutdowns for cleaning and low treat cost
- Food Contact approved grade available.
For flammable solvents:
- Increases conductivity of flammable solvents to safe levels
- Reduces risk of static discharge and consequent fires
- Protects equipment through reducing static related damage such as reactor pitting
- Helps meet regulatory requirements, including ATEX 137 and DSEAR
- Low dose rates provide excellent value
- STATSAFE™ 3000 for most solvents
- STATSAFE™ 6000 has food grade approval for polyolefin use
- STATSAFE™ 6000 has also been used in sensitive applications such as pharmaceuticals, foil rolling and coatings for food contact. Please note, no specific approvals for these applications can be provided